The Rural Summer Immersion Program took place June 3-14, 2019. The goal of the rural immersion program was multifaceted and provided current healthcare students a unique opportunity to:
- Learn about healthcare in rural hospitals and other care facilities
- Discover advanced telehealth capabilities
- Work with community-based organizations
- Navigate interdisciplinary teams
- Address opioid misuse in rural communities
- Experience life in small towns and rural areas
Such opportunities serve to foster a connection between the students and the people and atmosphere of the rural community, optimistically resulting in their intent to live and work in an underserved area upon graduation.